Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween!

This year Wendi and Emily found costume ideas in Family Fun magazine. Emily was a jellyfish which we created using a sombrerro, fabric and ribbon. Wendi was a gypsy and enjoyed wearing big hoop earrings and fake nails. I am particularly proud of Keith's costume...he of course was jedi. I sewed his jedi robe using a tutorial I saw online. When he put it on he got a big smile on his face and said he felt like a real jedi...these are the moments that are so satisfying as a mother and amatuer seamstress. Abbie was Cinderella and was only disappointed that she didn't get to wear her "clacky" dress up shoes to trick or treat in- (she kept tripping when she wore them to her preschool Halloween party). The kids got tons of candy which I have been stealing all week. Alan's mom put on a fabulous Halloween party where the kids decorated cupcakes, did a treasure hunt, bobbed for donuts on a string and other fun games. The kids all said it was the best Halloween ever! P.S. Paige did not have a costume because she just stayed in the stroller all night and let's face it...I was a little worn out getting 4 kids all decked out...she will make her Halloween debut next year.

5 comments:

Shanne said...

I totally steal my kids candy too, even though I try to resist. I think my kids will be adults before they ever know what a Snickers is!

Vanessa said...

welcome back !

Em said...

Such great costumes! A jellyfish! Ingenious. I cannot believe how big Abbie is!!! She was just a baby, like, yesterday! And now you have another baby! OMG. It's amazing. Love the gypsy's jewelry. I would totally be a gypsy every day if I could bedeck myself in jewelry like that and look as cute as Wendy does.

I looked at the picture up close...and there is something very odd going on with Wendy's feet...unless Emily is wearing one of Wendy's shoes...even then though...something is amiss. :)

Em said...

I misspelled Wendi's name. Sorry!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, all the costumes turned out so cute! Great job! I sewed Hyrum's costume this year and felt very domestic about myself. I can't wait to see you next week. By the way, with Beau and I dipping into the candy bowl our candy went quickly.